BCRA Authorized Payment of Imports at Origin
Importers may access the forex market to pay for imports since the date goods are shipped, as decided by the Board of the BCRA.
This measure is part of the process of getting the access to the forex market back to normal as under Communication A7030, effective until July 31.
Therefore, the forex market may be accessed for the following payments:
- Drugs for severe disease.
- COVID-19 test kits.
- Goods shipped as from July 1 or those which, though having been shipped, did not arrive in the country before that date.
- Supplies for the local production of drugs.
- Imports for up to USD 1 million.
- This cap will be raised to USD 3 million for the supply of drugs or other goods related to health care or supplies needed for the local production of drugs.
June 25, 2020.